We are looking for Senior Transport Planners to join our teams in the Birmingham and Reading offices.
For this position you will need to be able to demonstrate a minimum of five years of directly relevant experience within the industry, primarily on Development Planning projects.
This role will involve leading the technical aspects of Transport Assessments and assisting in the mentoring and development of junior members of the team. This is an ideal opportunity if you are seeking a dynamic role and an opportunity to broaden your experience within a growing, specialist consultancy.
Those applying should be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Technical aspects and project management of Transport Assessments;
- Use of basic junction modelling tools such as Junctions 9 and LinSig;
- Preparing vehicle access strategies using the relevant highway design guidance (MfS and DMRB);
- Using AutoCAD and AutoTrack;
- Development of Travel Plans; and
- An understanding of the planning process.
It would also be desirable to demonstrate experience in:
- Use of Micro-simulation software such as Paramics or VISSIM;
- Transport aspects of masterplanning and urban design;
- Traffic management techniques;
- Street and road design standards and how these are applied; and
- Designing for cycling.
This is not an exhaustive list and if you can demonstrate related experience we would be happy to consider your CV. Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong educational record and have an MSc in Transport Planning or a related subject. A full driving licence would be beneficial.
To apply for this post, please email a full CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org