An experienced part-time Bookkeeper is required to look after the day-to-day financial administration of the business.
Reporting into the Directors, you will be joining our team based at our head office in Longbridge, Birmingham and will be an integral part of a growing business.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments.
- Raising authorised credits.
- Credit Control - communicating with clients to ensure prompt payment - by phone, email, letters and statements.
- Highlighting possible problems / issues with client accounts.
- Processing supplier invoices and payments.
- Assisting other team members with accounts queries.
You will also work alongside our external financial advisers to assist with the following:
- Completing VAT returns.
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Checking company bank statements and reconciling.
- Dealing with prepayments and accruals.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Preparing year end files for the Accountants.
- Prepare schedules and reports as requested by clients.
- Other ad hoc duties required by our Directors
The ideal candidate must be AAT (or similar) qualified and have strong excel skills with a minimum of 5 years prior bookkeeping experience.
Recent extensive Sage 50 Accounts experience is a prerequisute.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following personal skills
- Organised and enthusiastic self-starter.
- Professional manner and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and command of English. A confident communicator, able to converse easily at all levels.
- Recent experience as a Bookkeeper / Accounts Administrator.
- Able to manage deadlines and report results concisely and effectively.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritising.
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work.
This is a part-time role (up to 20 hours per week) and we are flexible about working hours to suit the individual, although our preference would be for the successful candidate to be present in the office each weekday.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org